TRAVEL AND CHANGE OF PLACE IMPART NEW VIGOR TO MIND – AUSTRALIA TRAVEL
Hey Beautiful People,
It’s been almost a month since we came back from Australia, a land surrounded by water and beautiful landscapes. Beauty was all around us. The smell of that freshly brewed coffee every morning, to eat in the best restaurants, to breathe in the best air, to walk around and enjoy the view, meeting with new people, experiencing the culture of Aussies, the wine, the food, those animals, the weather, everything, literally everything was just perfect. Travelling does bring out the best in everybody and it certainly is what every person in the world likes to do. Never met a single person in our life saying that he/she doesn’t love traveling. Even if it traveling to 200kms away from your home. Traveling is like an exotic love. Australia is definitely worth every penny and we are glad we were able to experience this exotic place. And now, we would like to tell you how our little escape went and what all things we did, where did we stay and what all we ate (which was a lot :P) and much more.
We are not a professional travel guide but we will try our best to portrait the best of things to you all so that you can plan a visit to this beautiful country Australia which will make you fall in love with it in just matter of hours. We will be sharing with you our great memories, and trust us we have a lot of them and we wish we could share it all but we are sure you will be bored reading the entire thing. So will keep it short and exclusive. Because in the end, you guys would surely love to make your own sweet memories.
First thing first, we traveled to two major cities:
- Melbourne, Australia
- Sydney, Australia
We do plan to visit South Australia and more of North Australia in mere future, but if you are traveling to these 2 places, we are sure we would be able to help you plan your trip.
We started our journey from New Delhi on the 10th of September from Srilankan Airlines to Melbourne Australia, which was like 12-14 hrs journey. We reached Melbourne at around 2 pm, took a taxi to our hotel named Space Hotel. It was 25 mins drive from the airport to Russell Street CBD, the central area of the city. Every major place and restaurants are at walking distance from this place. It was so great, the whole experience at Space Hotel was incredible. We never stayed in such a warm place which had absolutely everything. We like to spend money in the right place and we can swear by to you guys that this place is just worth every penny, every dollar, every cent. And will tell you why, will give you 10 reasons why you should stay at Space Hotel while traveling to Melbourne, Australia no matter if you traveling for work, pleasure, with family, or alone. Also why you should choose this place over any other hotel in town.
- It is a merge of up-market backpacker accommodation and budget boutique hotel which makes it just inexpensive after you get to know what all things they have to offer.
- They have 3 types of rooms- Dorm, Private and Ensuite. So it fits in every pocket/category of traveler. Just to let you know, we stayed in Ensuite Room.
- Facilities – Blue Moon Bar is downstairs, so you get a good deal in alcohol, get to know people/fellow guests.
- Movie Space, if you are traveling with your friends and family enjoy your time watching a movie, you can even bring your own DVD.
- Space Deck- a rooftop retreat with Jacuzzi to handout with your friends with an incredible view of the city. Take a Sun Bath or just enjoy the breeze.
- Food Space – Tight on budget or health conscious person or a picky eater, you have got the place to cook your own food, every little thing that you need in a kitchen space, refrigerator, cutlery, oven, griller, pan, hot water, etc is available for you. And of course free coffee 24×7. Plus you get to make friends and telling you we found very cute guys cooking their meal which was very fascinating to watch 😀
- Cyber Space, Fitness Space(for fitness freaks), Lounge Space (with novels and foosball), Barbeque Space, Laundry Space, Travel Space, Free Shuttle facility to St.Kilda.
- Very Clean, Very Friendly and Helpful People.
- Centrally located, amazing few of the city, free maps available, walking distance to Grocery Store and bus availability right across the street.
- Last but not least, if you are on a student visa or work visa, you can work for them for few accommodations, isn’t this such a cool thing. Plus they have much more to offer you guys.
If all this didn’t convenience you guys or better if you don’t believe us then really hope you visit Space Hotel to see from your own eyes that everything we said above is actually true and honest. This is the best accommodation.
If you guys have little more money to spend and looking for options other than backpacking accommodation as The Space Hotel, then would suggest you all, to go for Airbnb options. It is little higher in price range but the housing property plus the people of Australia are extremely friendly and helpful so its an amazing option too. We did get a chance to stay in Airbnb for 2 days in Melbourne. The host was extremely good. She helped us in every little aspect and it was so fun to hang out with her. So if you want you can choose without any hinge.
This was Melbourne, Australia Staycation for us. We enjoyed, made friends, fell in love with the city, food, coffee, and the people. It’s a beautiful place and you will love it, it has a feel-good energy in the air. Walking around in the street of Melbourne, seeing every race, every little bit of each country shows how open and incredible and accepting Aussies are. Met few amazing human beings in this journey. Traveling is really the best therapy.
After staying 5 days in Melbourne, Australia. We flew to Sydney, Australia yet another part of Australia which is beautiful and full of great restaurants and beautiful hotels. If you love a city life then Sydney is the place to be. Melbourne was a quiet place but Sydney was really happening. Those big gardens, streets, and open restaurants all crowded, of course, the sound of loud music at night, those shopping centers, cruises and much more.
The day we landed we checked in to an outstanding Hotel, which is like meters away from Airport named The Felix Hotel. This was one of the best things about this hotel apart from its interior. Interior is just the best of best we have ever seen in our life. The colors, the furniture, the vibe, the bar, the shades were to the level of perfection. Yes, perfection! it is incredibly beautiful and while doing a shoot to share with you all of how the property of The Felix Hotel is, we were so confused because every corner was so outstanding and so beautiful that no filter was required at the end and we couldn’t get enough of it.
Apart from being an Instagram Friendly Place, The Felix Hotel amenities were no less than any 4-5 star Hotel. Every Basic need was covered, the beds were super comfy. Plus the smart TV made it all better because of Netflix. Yes, we were extremely tired to go out and we did enjoy our stay at The Felix Hotel to its optimal level. If you ask us to describe the best qualities of this property, we can give you 10 reasons why to choose The Felix Hotel while your next stay in Sydney or while traveling.
- Very near to Airport both Domestic and International.
- Super Comfy Beds/ Smart TV/Water Heater/Iron/ Superfast WIFI etc amenities were all there. The rooms are divided into 4 categories- Economy, Premium Economy, Business and First Class. Well suited for your preference.
- A fireplace to enjoy an evening with friends or your partner and enjoy the yumilicious drinks. Quite Chilling and Romantic
- If you are on a business trip, the best place to have your meet-up. Even the conference room is available as well. And trust me with that view and awesome drinks, the business meeting will be a success.
- The only hotel with a Rooftop Cinema. Isn’t that amazing?
- 24×7 food shop – Availability of Food during those odd hours as well. Best thing if you like to binge in odd hrs.
- Pocket-Friendly with World Class Service.
- Pet-Friendly Hotel, yes if you are worried about how you will travel with your pets, where will you leave them etc etc. We have a news of you. You can leave them at the Hotel and it will all be taken care of. Quite Good, right?
- Felix Athletic Club for fitness freaks.
- Food and Coffee are delicious and water watering.
We have said it all, no praise needed now, what-so-ever! It was one heck of a stay at The Felix Hotel and it is worth every penny. because they are on top of their game. We are sure the services of The Felix Hotel will be the same throughout the world on all the properties. Brilliant, just brilliant! If you are those kinds of people who love to stay in good hotels while traveling, you should definitely give this a try and you won’t regret your decision.
We are not yet done people, we wanted to give you the best review and update based on your pocket. On one hand, we wanted to tell you how our stay went at The Felix Hotel and on the other hand, we did want to suggest you the budget-friendly backpacking options in Sydney, Australia. And we landed to Madmonkey Backpackers Broadway, it is one of the top listed hostels in Sydney. And it does live up to the expectations. Really felt like we are back to college days, enjoying a cup of coffee, having lunch and breakfast with your friends, gossiping. As much as we loved those college days, the vibe here at Madmonkey Backpackers Broadway was exactly the same. Cooking food in the kitchen with the bunch of newbies, and those chit chatting leads to new friendships and relationship.
Meeting people with different backgrounds is what makes traveling full of memories and that’s why it is extremely therapeutic. Don’t you agree with this guys? You all must be waiting for us to tell you how this place was. As above, will tell you the reasons, why you should choose Mad Monkey over any other backpackers out there in Sydney and list goes as below:
- Rooms are divided into 2 categories – Dorm and Private Room, we stayed in a Private Room which had a bed, a desk, and a cupboard.
- Super fast Wifi Speed which is very necessary.
- Free Coffee and Free Breakfast
- Free Dinner Night Arrangement a few nights a week, so that you can enjoy the chit-chat with fellow people, make friends.
- Beer Pong Tournaments were you can win the prizes. Isn’t that fun?
- Gaming and Lounge Access.
- Travel and Local Advice Details available plus the people are so kind and helpful that we fell in love with this place.
- Location is the key, all the best restaurants, churros place, icecreams parlor, cafes, shopping malls were walking distance to this place which makes it the best.
- Buses available in front of the accommodation, which makes the commute really easy.
- Beautiful garden in front with a pond where you can sit enjoy your heat and deep conversation with your friends or a good place for kids to play.
Mad Monkey Backpacker Broadway place is a bomb and if you are a free bird or a soul or a wanderer or like to travel alone. then you will love this place to its core. We definitely loved it. And would suggest you all travel more and live life because nobody can take your memories away from you and travel genuinely makes you mature enough to face the world because you get to learn so much, see the world which cannot be seen while sitting on your desk or home. We know it sounds all philosophical and it’s not that easy but once you find the courage, you can make it happen.
Oh, so guys this was our traveling spree to Australia. There is much more to look, forward guys, because will soon be posting about what else we did during our stay and where did we eat which you have to try and go too without place because the food was insane. will share you the details soon. For now, really hope this post will help you plan your trip to Australia to the major cities like Melbourne and Sydney.
Hope you find it all informative.
Keep loving us guys!
Aditi & Nikita